Saturday, May 30, 2015

Lemon Cheesecake (no bake)

I love lemon cheesecake - this on is easy as its no bake - the longer you leave it (a day or two) before eating, the more lemony it is in flavour.



Ingredients:

Base:

500 g sweet biscuits - I used butternut
200g butter, melted

Filling:
2 x 250g cream cheese at room temperature
2 x 400g tins sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
juice and zest of 5 lemons
3 tablespoons gelatin 


Blend the biscuits until they are crumbs in the processor - while processor is still running, add melted butter.

Press crumb mix into the bottom of a lined springform pan (I used 23cm) and up the sides.  Place in freezer for about 30 minutes. If it looks like there is too much butter, use paper towel to soak up the excess.



Using a blender, beat the cream cheese until smooth, light and fluffy.  Add the condensed milk, vanilla, lemon juice and zest.  Beat until smooth and well combined.  Boil water, pour into a cup (about 1/2 cup boiling water), add gelatin and stir until combined and there aren't any lumps. Add to lemon mix. Beat well.

Remove tin from freezer. pour lemon mix over base. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight until set.



Things to note: I love lemon! I love the zest of it, and when it is in a sweet, I love the sweet and sour zingy thing that happens in my mouth when I eat it - the more zing, the better it is.  This cheesecake will improve with flavour if you leave it for a day or two before consuming.




No comments:

Post a Comment